In this tutorial I will cover how to password protect a Windows 7 Laptop. It’s highly recommended if you travel with your laptop to put a password to secure it as if your laptop was to fall into the wrong hands it could cause serious problems such as confidential data lost.
- Turn on your Laptop, wait for once it’s loaded.
- Click the Start Menu, then click “Control Panel” (On the right side)
- Wait for the Control Panel to Open
- Under the category “User Accounts & Family Safety” click the option “Add or remove user accounts”
- You should be seeing the list of users on the laptop in front of you, double click your user (Or the one you want to password)
- A new dialog should appear, from the options displayed click “Create a Password”
- Follow the on screen instructions and enter your desired password in the first two fields.
- Click “Create Password”
Congratulations your account now has a password and is protected when you turn on your computer, or if you log off or
lock your system.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Category: Information & Tutorials for Laptops