Question by Andrew M: how do i get rid of this red shield popup on my laptop that says “you have a security problem”.?
on the bottom of my screen there is a red shield with an x in it and a message pops up and says “you have a security problem”. what should i do to get rid of it?
Answer by blake k
YOU HAVE ANTIVIRUS 2009 A rogue Anti-Spyware/Virus
PRINT OFF THESE INSTRUCTIONS ON ANOTHER COMPUTER
& Here is how to remove it
First disable all antivirus and spyware programs (there not doing anything anyway) by clicking start menu then run then type msconfig go to start-up uncheck Antivirus & then go to services check off hide all Microsoft services and uncheck AV. Then restart computer in safe mode or not (safe mode not always needed).
Try Malware Bytes First much faster to use and update
Malwarebytes Anti Malware http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html FREE EDITION (one of the free AV to Remove Antivirus 2009)
Kaspersky AV 2009 http://usa.kaspersky.com/trials/home-users/anti-virus/ 30 day trial
Watched youtube video of it removing antivirus 2009 I guarantee it to work
Also, turn off System Restore to evict any copies of bad stuff that might be lurking there.
1. Log out and reboot your machine.
2. When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.
3. Select Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking from the resulting menu.
4. When the login screen comes up, log in as Administrator. By default, Administrator has no password.
5. The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different.
6. When you’re finished doing what you need to do, log out and reboot back into normal mode.
When finished removing malware schedule a check disk by going to My Computer Local C Properties Tools and Check Disk Restart Computer let it scan and done!
If you are getting internet popups still try resetting IE7 by going to Settings Options Advanced and click RESET
Add your own answer in the comments!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Category: How To Fix A Laptop