Question by chris: English help anybody know the answer?
Anybody know the answers please i really need this?
1. Cleaning up the subway graffiti was: (Points : 4)
a long, but successful undertaking
a waste of time and effort
something that was planned for way into the future
2. For questions (11-14)
Answer the following questions about the essays you read in 40 Model Essays: A Portable Anthology.
Barbara Ehrenreich embraces what personal heritage?
(Points : 4)
3. Why Don’t We Complain?”
William F. Buckley feels that Americans don’t complain because: (Points : 4)
they are lazy and stupid
they do not want to make a scene or bother anyone
they do not care
they believe everything in America is perfect
4. Who taught the sheep to say “Four legs good, two legs better”? (Points : 4)
5. Orwell wrote Animal Farm based on what historic happening? (Points : 4)
The Russian Revolution
The Industrial Revolution
The United States Civil War
World War II
6. For questions (36-40)
Past Tense and Past Participle of Verbs
Fill in the correct form of the verb in parentheses.
He broke his tooth when he ____ into an apple. (bite)
(Points : 4)
7. Which word (or expression) shows the most positive connotation? (Points : 4)
8. Everyone came to the party ______ Jerry. (Points : 4)
9. When it was cold outside, the car windows ______. (freeze) (Points : 4)
10. Denotation and Connotation
Which word (or expression) shows the most negative connotation? (Points : 4)
11. Which word (or expression) shows the most positive connotation? (Points : 4)
12. My friend had _____ to buy a new dress after she realized her old one was too small. (choose) (Points : 4)
13. Buckley blames Americans’ “helplessness” on: (Points : 4)
14. Occurring after somebody’s death. (Points : 4)
15. Somebody who is an expert or knowledgeable enthusiast in a particular field. (Points : 4)
16. Orwell designed Old Major to most resemble which real historic figure? (Points : 4)
17. What finally happens to Boxer? (Points : 4)
He dies of old age and hard work
Napoleon sells him to a “glue factory”
He is killed in a battle with the humans
Snowball shoots him
18. Deceptive or distorted information that is systematically spread. (Points : 4)
19. My dad attended a special class and can make his voice sound like goofy. (Points : 4)
20. For questions (41-50)
Select the word that is defined.
Useful articles of equipment, usually specially shaped objects to do a specific task.
(Points : 4)
21. Last year my friend took art, calculus I, geography, and science. (Points : 4)
22. A state of rest or inactivity. (Points : 4)
23. The cause/effect point of this essay was that: (Points : 4)
good employees can do good jobs
teens will always be troublemakers
cleaning up small crimes can lead to fewer larger scale crimes
police officers need to crack down on gangs
24. “The Tipping Point”
The Broken Windows theory states: (Points : 4)
If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it
Broken Windows lead to Broken Homes
Windows, like feelings, are easily broken
Crime is the inevitable result of disorder (such as a broken window)
25. Animal Farm
Answer the following questions about Animal Farm.
What animal hides during the Battle of the Cowshed? (Points : 4)
Answer by Shinya
That’s basically us DOING your homework for you! Come on! This is for homework HELP not completion.
What do you think? Answer below!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Category: How To Fix A Laptop