Question by unicrondog8: Can you help me fix my laptop?
Ok,my model laptop is a Sager Notebook computer model number M57RU. When It starts up,it starts up normally, until it gets to the screen for windows vista. When it gets there,it says “Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes.Do not turn off computer.” After of a couple of minutes of the screen saying that, it says its shutting off. It turns off,turns back on, and does it all over again.Can you help me fix it?
The link was broken, and what I’m saying is that it won’t get past the start up. Won’t take me to my desktop.
Like i said, it won’t take me to my desktop,and won’t let me to task manager
Answer by Jamin Becker
*In response to your additional information you can try the following. hit ctr+shift+esc (this should bring up task manager) hit the new task button and type in the command “explorer.exe” without quotes let me know if this works.
There are a couple of things that you can try.
1. Go online to http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5 (with IE) and attempt to download and install that way.
2. Restore you computer to an earlier time.
3. Attempt to recover to the factory base image. This can usually be done by hitting f8 or f9 on the startup. (that is as soon as you turn it on). This method will erase EVERYTHING but the original factory out of the box files (how you originally got it). Note that a recovery partition isn’t available to every computer.
4. If all else fails call up the manufacturer and order a recovery cd.
5. You can also disable automatic updates through control panel although I don’t recommend this.
Give your answer to this question below!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Category: How To Fix A Laptop